Friday, December 31, 2010

Post Baby Nights...

I spent a few hours perusing baby blogs today and I have learned that no matter how awesome and precious your little one is you cannot stay inside your house all day/every day. I am sure Pippa will be the coolest little one around, but I also need to put plans in place to make sure that my marriage, my house, and my workouts don't fall apart once she arrives.

I know I will be very much at the mercy of Pip's schedule, but I also hope to lead a semi-normal life at the same time. (By putting this in writing I fear I sound like those clueless girls on 16 & pregnant!)

Anyway, here are a few goals I hope to meet in the areas of errands, working out, and getting out of my house every once in a while.

I know I won't be doing all three of these things every day, but I would love to accomplish one task from any of the three catergories daily.

Wish me luck!

And if this blog goes crazy after Pip shows up and you see my falling into the trap of 24 hour yoga pants and dilly bars, please remind me of this post and slap me OUT OF IT!

Thanks!

Getting OUT!
Sunday: Long run, Church, outlets/towncenter/beach/pool
Monday: Long walk around Viscaya Lake
Tuesday: Beach walk (sunset) OR pool (after 6 weeks)
Wednesday: Music by the sea OR small group
Thursday: Music Thursday downtown
Friday: Redbox and appetizers/fondue Friday
Saturday: Steppin' Out Saturday (use pre-made dates)

Errands!
Sunday: None
Monday: Walmart
Tuesday: Target
Wednesday: Marshalls
Thursday: Hobby Lobby
Friday: Bed Bath & Beyond, Michaels, Pier 1
Saturday: None

Workout!
Sunday: ARC & arm/ab
Monday: 5 mile walk & leg/ab
Tuesday: ARC & arm/ab
Wednesday: 5 mile walk & leg/ab
Thursday: ARC & arm/ab
Friday: 5 mile walk & leg/ab
Saturday: ARC & arm/ab

*** ARC stands for the ARC trainer

1 comment:

  1. You'll get into a groove. It may take some time, but you'll find what works for you and the baby. It's great that you have a plan. Hopefully you'll have an easy going baby who will sleep anywhere and enjoys the car. Sadly, I didn't have one of those, so I can't say that I did a whole lot of anything during Caroline's first year. We did go on a lot of walks, though, which was great for fitness/weight loss and overall well being.

    ReplyDelete