Monday, December 13, 2010

Change in plans.

I had every intention if trying Caitlin's recipe for pancake truffles, but last night I watched Food Network's "Best Thing I ever Ate". A new host, who's name I forget, talked about an Elvis Panini you can only get in Nashville. Bacon, peanut butter, bananas, and syrup in a sandwich. It sounded like pure heaven to my ears.
Mr. R's ears did not have the same feeling. So, necessity being the mother of invention, we had Elvis Pancakes for dinner.
Banana, Honey-nut, pancakes topped with peanut butter maple syrup.
I die. These are THAT good.
Well worth the three miles I had to run to eat them.
And if you are wondering... we had bacon too. It's just not an Elvis themed meal without a little pig fat.


Recipe of sorts:
The pancakes
1 cup of pancake mix
2 roasted bananas (450 degrees for 15 mins)
1 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. of honey
2/3 cup of pecans
3/4 cup of water
(mix all together with a whisk)
Makes 9 pancakes

The syrup
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
(whisk together and heat gently)
Makes a ton

2 comments: