Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Mr. Republican celebrating his 27th in Disney and our new favorite rollercoaster! 0 to 60 mph in 2 seconds!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
To honor his 27 years of existence, here are 27 things I LOVE about him!Our Wedding June 24, 2006
4. He is a terrible dancer with no rhythm, but he willingly goes out dancing with me and gladly makes a fool of himself.
5. He makes excellent hot tea with lemon and honey.
8. He forgets everything, but can quote almost every epispode of the Simpsons. (I must admit this sometimes drives me crazy).
9. He never gave up on his dream of working on Capitol Hill and became a hill staffer with no previous expierence at 25.
10. He loses our two pups more than anything in the world and I know he will be a great father.
Sophie & Simon (I think Simon looks just like a gremlin here!)
11. He never tells me I just look "nice". His complements are always sincere and heart felt.
12. He listens to my girlie music in the car even though Metallica is being played nonstop on the next station over.
13. He is a great friend and still keep in contact with his best bud from kindergarten.
14. He tirelessly supports causes he thinks will help us be a better society, community, and nation.
15. He gave up his ratty old Metallica, Black Sabbath,and Ted Nugent t-shirts in favor of polos, button downs, and searsucker pants.
16. He will watch The Hills without screaming at the TV.
17. He challenges me to work harder, run faster, and be better in everything I commit to.
Mr. Republican's first trip to Disney World
19. He understands that girls need to pampered every once in a while and gladly supports my need to shop, get a great haircut, or surprises me with a massage giftcard.
20. He takes care of all car maintence including filling up the gas tank when I refuse.
21. He laughs really hard at stupid jokes and always listens to my crazy school stories.
22. He is incredibly patient and never loses his cool.
23. He is amazingly handsome and looks very much like a cross between Topher Grace and Toby Maguire.
24. He is an awesome snuggle buddy in bed and will willign take naps to help me fall asleep (even when he isn't tired).
25. He is always honest with me even when I don't want to hear it.
26. He now listens to and really likes Jack Johnson, OAR, and Vampire Weekend. (I'd like to think I am rubbing off on him)
27. He is an awesome travel buddy and I am so looking forward to seeing Rome with him in December!
I guess what I am trying to say is Happy Birthday Babe! So glad you are here and you are mine!
|Make a Smilebox photobook|
Monday, April 20, 2009
His lack of birthday parties astounds me (I am the oldest in my family and the favorite among all grandparents, my birth is celebrated for an entire month), but Jeff is a middle child who came from a large family that celebrated birthdays with a cake and family dinner. (Which is fine and he loved it, but compared to my celebration it’s a little sad). I decided to give him a party that would make my mom “the hostess” proud. I planned a murder mystery party complete with character scripts, props, and clue cards. The house was packed and everyone had a blast. We had water guns hidden under tables, lots of mob references and pitchers of Sangria. I am still finding clue cards and suspect envelopes behind tables and in sofa cushions. It was great to mix all of our friends together...
Here are a few pictures below taken by fellow blogger 5K to marathon.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Today was rather unexciting. My spring break has officially come to an end, back to work tomorrow. I did drop a few dollars on a haircut today. I am frugal by nature, but love getting pampered every once in a while. I ended up at Panache today (it's fantastic, and if you are ever in north Florida and need a cut, color, or spa treatment look them up!) I got my hair dyed back to its original dark brown with light brown and caramel highlights. It looks amazing (thank you Kiara!) and I feel like a European model. Mr. Republican has a birthday on Friday and we will be hosting a house party to celebrate (translation: a great time to show off my new hair).
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
This blog chronicles my life as a big haired Jersey native trying to blend into a sea of Southern belles.