Monday, April 13, 2009

Everybody Wants to be Italian...

Growing up in a small suburb in Jersey I was exposed to many cultures in our little neighborhood, but I have to say the cultures, traditions, and meals I treasured most were from the Italian side of the block. They had the best dinners, birthday cakes, and Christmas celebrations. And I think a little part of me always wanted to have a Nonni who made pitzelles at Christmas or a mom who made macaroni and gravy (that means spaghetti for those of you who don't speak Jersey) from scratch. Mr. Republican selected the movie everyone wants to be Italian on netflix, I started it this morning (yay for no school!) and finished it while writing this post. It is a no name movie with a big heart and I highly recommend it. (You should know that I am a sucker for romantic comedies and will most likely give a thumbs up to anything with a cute plot and a happy ending).

Today was rather unexciting. My spring break has officially come to an end, back to work tomorrow. I did drop a few dollars on a haircut today. I am frugal by nature, but love getting pampered every once in a while. I ended up at Panache today (it's fantastic, and if you are ever in north Florida and need a cut, color, or spa treatment look them up!) I got my hair dyed back to its original dark brown with light brown and caramel highlights. It looks amazing (thank you Kiara!) and I feel like a European model. Mr. Republican has a birthday on Friday and we will be hosting a house party to celebrate (translation: a great time to show off my new hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment