Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Update:

This post won't be as funny as SNL, but the title fit.

Mr. Republican celebrating his 27th in Disney and our new favorite rollercoaster! 0 to 60 mph in 2 seconds!








Wednesday was Mr. R's birthday and we spent the day in the mouse trap, as some Floridians say. We left early Wednesday morning arrive at Disney's Hollywood Studios when the magical Mickey gates opened. We rode ever ride, saw every show, and I managed to survive the Rockin' Rollercoaster ride. It was an absolute blast and it was FREE! Disney gives you a free pass to the park of your choice on your birthday. They even gave Mr. Republican a birthday card and dessert during our lunch!

Thursday was rather uneventful. I will admit it was hard to go back after being off the day before. It was the school talent show which turned my usual 7.5 hour day into a 13 hour day. I was exhausted by the time the show kicked off, but the acts were adorable, heart attack worthy, and hilarious. I will say this, no child of mine will ever unicycle. We had a student unicycle while jumping rope! I couldn't watch.

Friday started my weekend of nothing! (I know this shouldn't deserve an exclamation point, but you have no idea how much I was looking forward to a weekend off) Last weekend was insane with hosting our housewarming and Mr. R's birthday. Friday I caught up on bad TV (mostly of the reality variety), perused the new J.Crew summer issue, and hung out on the couch with the pups.
Saturday I joined Weight Watchers. After much thought and months of trying unsuccessfully to return to my wedding weight, I broke down and joined. I have only been following the program for a day and half, but so far I am being a good little soldier and staying within my points. Hopefully all this stress over food quality, quantity and lables will pay off. Wish me luck and please don't mention anything about cupcakes!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment