Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy 27th Mr. Republican!

I decided to dedicate this post to the most awesome guy around. I met him 8 years ago, fell in love with him 5 years ago ,and married him 3 years ago. Today is his birthday and I am thankful that he's here. I am a firm believe that God has a plan for all of us and I am so glad that God's plan was to bring us together (political aspirations and all!).

To honor his 27 years of existence, here are 27 things I LOVE about him!Our Wedding June 24, 2006


1. His eyes are gorgeous! I hope every baby we have gets his eyes.

2. He has an incredibly witty and dry sense of humor that makes me laugh all the time. (Although sometimes I won't admit it).

3. His aspirations... at the age of six he knew he wanted to be President and actually meant it. (I think I was set on being Barbie at age 6!)

4. He is a terrible dancer with no rhythm, but he willingly goes out dancing with me and gladly makes a fool of himself.


Our honeymoon Patmos, Greece

5. He makes excellent hot tea with lemon and honey.


6. He always falls for my puppy dog face. (This is how we ended up in sunny Florida)

7. He abhors all excercise, but runs with me to support my dream of running a marathon.

Our Engagement

8. He forgets everything, but can quote almost every epispode of the Simpsons. (I must admit this sometimes drives me crazy).

9. He never gave up on his dream of working on Capitol Hill and became a hill staffer with no previous expierence at 25.

10. He loses our two pups more than anything in the world and I know he will be a great father.



Sophie & Simon (I think Simon looks just like a gremlin here!)



11. He never tells me I just look "nice". His complements are always sincere and heart felt.


12. He listens to my girlie music in the car even though Metallica is being played nonstop on the next station over.


13. He is a great friend and still keep in contact with his best bud from kindergarten.
14. He tirelessly supports causes he thinks will help us be a better society, community, and nation.


15. He gave up his ratty old Metallica, Black Sabbath,and Ted Nugent t-shirts in favor of polos, button downs, and searsucker pants.


16. He will watch The Hills without screaming at the TV.

17. He challenges me to work harder, run faster, and be better in everything I commit to.


Mr. Republican's first trip to Disney World

18. He has kept all of letters, cards, and emails in a special box in his office.

19. He understands that girls need to pampered every once in a while and gladly supports my need to shop, get a great haircut, or surprises me with a massage giftcard.

20. He takes care of all car maintence including filling up the gas tank when I refuse.

21. He laughs really hard at stupid jokes and always listens to my crazy school stories.

22. He is incredibly patient and never loses his cool.

23. He is amazingly handsome and looks very much like a cross between Topher Grace and Toby Maguire.

24. He is an awesome snuggle buddy in bed and will willign take naps to help me fall asleep (even when he isn't tired).

25. He is always honest with me even when I don't want to hear it.

26. He now listens to and really likes Jack Johnson, OAR, and Vampire Weekend. (I'd like to think I am rubbing off on him)

27. He is an awesome travel buddy and I am so looking forward to seeing Rome with him in December!

I guess what I am trying to say is Happy Birthday Babe! So glad you are here and you are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment