Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby Talk Wednesday!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 weeks (almost 18)
Size of baby: Baby R is the size of a baked potato
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am up 0.5 pounds
Maternity Clothes: None yet, but I have had to retire my black cords. I wasn't sure if I or the baby could breathe in them.
Gender: TBD! We had the appointment to last Thursday to learn his/her gender, but once again Baby Republican was uncooperative.
Movement: I don't feel anything yet. But I can see a definite baby bump in my profile now.
Sleep: I am just really tired and I could use a day off to just nap for hours.
What I miss: This week I am craving soda like crazy. I try to limit my caffeine to one cup of coffee only, but I may fall pray to the CocaCola gods soon.
Cravings: Jalepenos, bread and butter pickles, brussel sprouts, and chocolate milk. I also had a desperate need for crab legs this weekend, so a trip to Red Lobster was in order.
Symptoms: I had my first case of heartburn this week. Thank God for tums!
Best Moment this week: We have settled on the girl name this week! We are still TBD if Baby R is a boy.
Husband Quote: "I can't understand how something so small can make you eat things so gross!"
This said after I ate half a jar of jalepenos washed down with hot chocolate.

4 comments:

  1. Jalapenos and hot chocolate!
    Did you get your first case of heartburn after that snack? :)

    You've got that pregnancy glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The heartburn came after the jalepenos. And That is also the reason Mr. R. had no sympathy :( I wish I could say I learned my lesson, but I still eat a few jalepenos daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had heartburn in my life until I got pregnant...I had a bottle of tums by my bed and would eat them like candy!! Once I had her..I never had heartburn again.

    And on the TIRED...take as many naps as you can until the baby gets here...trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking awesome! And chocolate milk is the perfect mix of protein and carbs!

    ReplyDelete