Sunday, December 5, 2010

I can't help it.

I get sucked in by home design and the idea of another room in our house to decorate is just too tempting. We are getting no help from Baby Repub, in the gender department, but I like to imagine we are having a girl.

If that is in fact the case, I am thinking of a pink/white/yellow/teal room for our little miss.

I love the idea of soft pink wall and I will be using these guidelines in choosing the perfect pink.

I don't want the room to be overly pink, so I think a cool houndstooth wall stencil in white can mellow the pink and still be chic.

The crib is vintage from Mr. R's family so I it will need to be painted, either white or yellow.

Crib bedding is TBD, but I love the girlie damask and also the pink and brown.
Wall art: I love a gallery wall of framed randomness ala, this young house.
And a monogram is a must above her crib.

I also love an accent wall. Growing up I loved Snoopy and the Charlie Brown gang. We also LOVE our pups. How cute would this
be on our little girl's wall with the quote, "Happiness is a warm puppy".

Rocking chair/glider/chair: I would love a super cool rocker or luxe glider, but the 1500 price tag is TOO MUCH! So I would like to repurpose our IKEA ektorp stuffed chair in the nursery. With the help of a new cover I think we could keep the girlie shabby chic look going.

Lighting: How cute would this chandy be painted pink?



2 comments:

  1. Awwww, my copy of Happiness is a Warm Puppy just got unpacked from storage last month when I reorganized the bookshelf. I think I need to pull it out and read it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute ideas. It's hard not to get excited when it comes to decorating a nursery. I love the wall color in the picture with the yellow crib.

    ReplyDelete