Saturday, December 4, 2010

sweet, sweet Saturday...

Today was one of those rare perfect days where I actually accomplished a ton of things and still felt totally relaxed and calm doing it.

It all started with a pair of jeans. I discovered I can fit into my 7 jeans, these jeans are pre-marriage, pre-Florida, and pre-preganancy. They are bit snug, but I wore them anyway and they felt wonderful!

Then a trip to Pottery Barn to see what they had to offer in the Christmas decoration department. I love PB for ideas, but the price tags give me agida. I left empty handed, but with a few ideas on how to display our stockings, Christmas cards, and how to make a fancy new wreath for our front door.

We came home and set up the Christmas tree. I LOVE our tree! The tree contains Mr. R and my histories from birth to now. Each year our parents gave us an ornament to commemorate what happened that year. Ex) Jeff's 1995 Dallas cowboys ornament (when they won the Superbowl) or my Swimming bear from 1996 (when I made the varsity team). We also have one that looks like our wedding cake, one for our engagement, a key for the year we bought our house, and a patriotic Snoopy for the year Mr. R got his job on Capitol Hill. I love that each ornament tells a story and holds a memory.

And this is our advent tree.
25 days of Christmas and 25 activities!
We also listened to Johnny Mathis on Pandora as we decorated the house and unpacked our Christmas boxes. Mr. R feels its not Christmas without a Johnny Mathis holiday a-track tape. Thank goodness for Pandora and itunes because we definitely at lacking an a-track player.

Dinner tonight called for comfort food and a holiday movie. I settled on Mac and Cheese and Elf.
I love Christmas! I love Elf! I love carbs!
I don't think these jeans are going to fit tomorrow... oh well.

4 comments:

  1. I love when trees are decorated with meaningful ornaments and not just a color theme. Our tree is just like yours: filled with ornaments that tell a story. I wish I had a bunch of childhood ornaments. I have a few, but not as many as I'd like. Every vacation and every time we move I buy an ornament. Craig has even been trained to bring them home from his military travels. I've also started buying ornaments for Caroline so that when she's older and on her own (sniff, sniff) she'll have enough ornaments to fill her tree.

    Glad you had such a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree and really love your advent tree! It makes me want to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, even if the jeans don't fit tomorrow how awesome that you could fit into them while you are pregnant! Way to be such a healthy momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wahat a amazing pictures,these pictures are really expose the chirstmas festivel.
    matrimonial sites

    ReplyDelete