Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I talk a pretty good game.

I have a running to-do list in my planner.
Currently it contains Christmas gift lists, addresses, and things that need to be done between now and 12/25.

If something on that list is highlighted its pressing, as in it must get done this week.

If something on the list is highlighted AND circled in red. it's considered urgent and must be completed by the end of the day.

And my favorite, if something is crossed out in BLACK sharpie its DONE! And I no longer care.

I made our Christmas cards over three weeks ago. I printed them on cardstock here at the house, but has not made it to staples to color copy and cut the 75 we need to send out. So today, the red pen came out and I circled ADDRESS AND SEND CHRISTMAS CARDS.
I made it home by 5. Walked into staples at 5:10. Printed cards by 5:45. Bought envelopes from Walmart (they are way cheaper at Wally world) at 6:10. And was home addressing by 6:30. The cards will be mailed out by Mr. R first thing tomorrow morning.

We have some pretty rockin' teamwork up in here.
So now I can finally say the cards are made, addressed, stamped, and WILL BE IN THE MAIL MANANA!

In other news, today was our Holiday party at work and it went off amazingly. This is my first year as head of the social committee and I didn't know quite what to expect. I had awesome help in the form of my two faves, Danielle and Ashley, who decorated like champs. They could easily take on Sandra Lee and her tablescapes. And my students even set the place settings for each of the 70 people in attendance. The white elephant gifts were hilarious this year. Our male music teacher received GIANT sombrero earrings. A hairy muppet purse was selected in haste. Sexy Santa boxer shorts were claimed excitedly by a friend. Two elf hats were worn proudly and somehow I walked away with a $15 itunes gift card. Pretty Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Good job getting your cards done and ready to be mailed. Can you believe I don't send out Christmas cards? Lame, I know. It's some sort of inherited genetic defect my mom passed on to me.

    I'm glad your party went so well.

    Enjoy the rest of your evening!

    ReplyDelete