Monday, December 20, 2010

The Growing List:

I decided to make the most of my first morning off and start the process of researching baby stuff. Let me just say that baby stuff is COMPLICATED! After a few hours, I think I have it narrowed down to my top 15 must haves. I am sure this list will change as we read more and as May comes closer. But at least it's a start right?

1. Car Seat! You can't leave the hospital without it. We will be going with a Chico Key Fit Car seat. (They fit perfectly in the Bob and Joovy strollers).

2. Diaper Genie (We are doing a combo of cloth and disposable diapers so I think a diaper genie is needed no matter what).
3. Ergo Carrier (Hands free is very necessary to my sanity). Plus I hear Dad's prefer the fit and comfort of the Ergo compared to the baby sling.
4. Boppy (feeding must, so I am told)
5. Monitor (We are still deciding between just sound and sound & video)
6. Bottles (Glass is best, 4 oz. style should hold us for a while)
7. Pump
8. Bath
(So cute right?)

9. Swing (I have heard this is VERY MUCH needed for the first few months. Also that it helps your baby sleep during the day).
10. Side Sling (great reviews and cute colors too).
11. Swaddlers (According to Jen, "If you wrap them like a burrito they will sleep!")
12. Happiest Baby (I am all about a calm and mellow environment)
13. The foldable nursery... Graco (Pack & Play) Playard with Newborn Napper.

14. AND STROLLERS!!!!

I wish I had the perfect answer in the stroller department. We love 4 right now, although it
looks like we only NEED one. BUT... I would LOVE a jogging stroller. (Hopefully we can save up for two strollers).
  • The Joovy Zoom: great jogging stroller, front wheel is fixed, works well in sand, perfect for a beach baby.
  • BOB Revolution:excellent rated jogging stroller from infant to 75 pounds. Front wheel is not fixed. Not good on bumpy or sandy terrain.

  • UPPA Baby stroller:Convertible every day stroller goes from flat pram, to half seat, to fully upright. Can be used as bassinet in early months. Not a bad rating in the bunch, but SUPER EXPENSIVE!
  • Joovy scooter: every day stroller, can use Chico car seat for infant, only weighs 18 pounds!, well within our price range, great sun shade, does not lay flat.

2 comments:

  1. Man, baby equipment sure has changed in the past 9 years. The strollers are so streamlined and ergonomic now.
    I'm a huge proponent of babywearing and I've heard nothing but good things about the Ergo. I wore Caroline in a Baby Bjorn, which I nixed when she was about 6 months, old in favor of standard ring sling. That sling was fine and did its job, but that side pouch one looks really comfy and CUTE.

    Happy first day of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend in Colorado has an Ergo that she used for just about everything we did last summer on my visit. Check out pics here and scroll back a couple posts for more: http://whatissharondoingnow.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/when-in-colorado-hike/

    ReplyDelete