Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Supper Randomness

Mr. R and I went out to a fabulous lunch today and I came home stuffed full of snow crab. Dinner was the absolute last thing on my mind. But 6:30 rolled around and my stomach started to rumble and then I made the dreaded march to our empty fridge and sad cabinets. I have not been grocery shopping for staples or real food in weeks. We have orange juice, an insane amount of fruit, and lots of greek yogurt, but nothing I could really make a meal out of. Or so I thought.

After blankly staring at the fridge and freezer I spied a box of perogies. We bought them on a whim a few months back and I didn't know how to cook them or what to cook them with so in the freezer they sat.

We also had a bag of frozen peas, two Roma tomatoes, three strips of bacon, and the remnants of a block of cheddar. I take the Rachel Ray approach to cooking which is when in doubt sautee and combine.

Dinner may not look like much but it tasted awesome.
We ate every last perogie in sight.
And it turns out the pups are a fan of green peas.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I'm in the same boat. Haven't seriously grocery shopped since Thanksgiving and even the staples are running low. I'm envious of your surplus of fruit, however. Today I thawed some frozen berries to go over pancakes (the last of the box mix).

    Dinner looks amazingly good. Then again, I'm all for anything with bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks really tasty. I'm glad your dinner experiement was a success. We love pierogies!

    ReplyDelete