Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.

I am missing my dad today.
I want one of his smiles, a little bit of his reassurance, and I wouldn't mind a few bad jokes thrown in for good measure.
I have talked before about how wonderful my dad was (and still is in my heart).
And today is one of those days that I just cannot believe he is gone.
I would do just about anything to have him back for an hour. I would even settle for a few minutes.
I need one of his bear hugs.
I need to hear his laugh.
I just want to be his little girl for a few more minutes.
My heart wants to be heavy with grief, but that is not who I am.
And that is not the girl my dad would have wanted.
So I am picking myself up.
I am smiling because my Dad had the best smiles.
I am remembering his favorite tie.
I am laughing at his dinner time stories about his school day.
I am loving him more and more each day.
I LOVE YOU DAD.


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet, and now I'm a little teary-eyed before work. I can't imagine not having my dad in my life. Even though we live far apart, our relationship has grown so much in the past 10 years. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete