Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A typical night...


Sometimes I think this blog lies. Not really lies, but is a bit dishonest. While Jeff and I do spend a lot of time out of the house at meetings, events, and well, more meetings... we also spend lots of time in our house, specifically in the media room. You can find me on the chaise with a pup or two and my trusty mac.
I catch up on blogs, your facebook status, and life in general. In the winter I snuggle with Sophie under the big blue quilt while the TV blares and dinner or remnants of a dinner are cooking in the oven.
You can find Jeff in the chair adjacent to me. We don't sit next to each other during TV/computer time. We each like our own space and usually he is muttering about crazy emails under his breath, which is very distracting to my blog/facebook stalking efforts.
Right before we go to bed the TV goes off and we cuddle and reconnect on the chaise. I hear about the latest county commission, zoning board, or Republican news. And I tell him about my students, my friends wardrobe malfunctions (you know who you are!), or the funny stuff that was said in the teacher lunchroom.
It's really only 15 to 20 minutes of conversation and quiet time, but it makes my day/night. It gets me through long days, crazy parents, boring meetings, nasty people, and the endless loads of laundry that make up my life.

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh...I too have the furry ones with me while I "Blog Stalk." That is interesting to hear about the intern at your school. Norah being sick last week and me being sick this week has put me behind a little. But hopefully I will get to catch up soon on...everything. Can't wait for your baby update tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great evening to me. I love how it's completely normal for all family members to sit together, each with their own laptops, in the same room. God bless technology!

    ReplyDelete