Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cold Rain, Warm Heart

This morning I just couldn't get motivated. Mr. R and I did make it to church, but afterward all I could think about was comfy yoga pants, thermal knits, and my old college hoodie.
I have french onion soup bubbling in the crock-pot. A rotisserie chicken waiting to be chopped for chicken caesar salad sandwiches. The ingredients for sugar cookies resting on my counter and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation playing on TV.
It's much too cold for my taste. And the pups and I keep asking the rain, rain to go away... but if the rain stays and the temperatures continue to plummet I will take comfort in our blue quilt, homemade soup, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and fresh baked cookies.
Happy Sunday!
Only 5 more school days left!
(I might be just as excited as the kids)

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, it's cold and wet here today, too.
    Only, you're in the 'sunshine' state, it's not supposed to be so yucky in Florida.
    I love french onion soup, but Craig hates onions. Carolne likes it, though. Every time we go to Panera, she makes me get it so she can dip her grilled cheese in it.

    I attempted sugar cookies with royal icing today; let's just say that if I had a day job, I shouldn't quit it to become a cookie decorator. They're pretty pathetic. At least it'll give me something to blog about tomorrow.

    Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the real icing? I bow down! Royal icing scares me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like a great Sunday. Mine had too many errands! But at least I was in shorts and T-shirt all day (except the hoodie I threw on this morning when I was all sweaty leaving yoga).

    ReplyDelete