Thursday, December 2, 2010

Egg on my face.

So today I was down right mean. Mr. R had a zoning board meeting and I had a baby doctor appointment. He was trying to solve the local government problems of our county and I was trying to find out our baby's gender. Mr. R was pretty sure he would miss the appointment and I was NOT COOL with his absence.

Actually I might have thrown a hissy fit complete with a few mean texts and lots of pouting. Yes, at 28 I still pout and yes, most of the time it still works. Except for today... Mr. R went on about his zoning, and I headed to my 3:30 appointment.

In health news, the baby and I are doing awesome. I am still up 0.5 pounds and the baby has a strong heart beat. I think the baby knew Mr. R wasn't in attendance today and instead of reveling his or her gender specific parts, he or she waved a lot and decided to showcase his/her little butt in every possible sonogram view.

So needless to say Mr. R didn't miss much. Our next sonogram is scheduled for 12/29 so maybe we will have answer to Team Pink or Team Blue by then.

Can I say that I am just a wee bit concerned that our kid seems so obstinate?

Throw your mama a bone, will you kid? I would love to start buying all things ruffly at Target and Old Navy baby is having some killer sales right now. And if you do turn out to be a boy, I promise to find you awesome superhero t-shirts so you will look just as cool as your dad!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't grown out of the hissy fit stage and I'm 34. I figured by the time I was an adult I'd be less self centered, but I'm afraid that hasn't happened yet. Boo.

    I guess it's good that your baby was uncooperative in the gender-revealing area so Mr. R didn't miss out today. Fingers crossed that you'll find out next time and that there won't be a zoning meeting conflict. My cousin is due in May and she doesn't want to find out the gender. I wasn't strong enough to wait for the surprise.

    ReplyDelete