Monday, December 6, 2010

2 miles and a self-portrait:

I ran a hard & sweaty two miles tonight. I have to be honest I didn't want to do tonight's run. It's cold here in North Florida and after work and walking the pups, all I really wanted to do was put on some flannel, eat carbs, and watch TV.
But I rallied and the two miles it was. My legs and heavy have been tired since my long run last week and I really needed to get back at it, no matter how much my thighs complained. I wanted to get some shots of the baby along for the ride. (I am still trying to get used to holding and positioning the new camera.) Instead of me and baby Repub., you get pictures of my new t-shirt.
I needed a few more cotton tees for the gym and sleeping and Target had a bunch of foodie tees from my childhood. I picked up this yoo-hoo tee along with "I'm a Pepper", Snap/Crackle/Pop, and a vintage looking Yellowstone one.

I am off to the bath to wash off my runner's stench and find some carbs. Hopefully those carbs will also contain pasta sauce and cheese. It's not for me after all, it's for the baby :)
Is it to early to pull the pregnancy cravings card?

3 comments:

  1. Good job on those two miles. I know it's hard to get out there at the end of a long work day, but the reward is usually worth it. I'm sure baby Repub. enjoyed it too.

    I haven't had much luck in the dslr self portrait area. They're just too heavy and awkward to hold in that position.

    Love your shirt! Yoo Hoo is definitely a childhood favorite.

    Hooray for carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it you don't subscribe to Stacy London's (What Not To Wear) tip on slogan T's over 30...or is it 40?

    But seriously, cotton T for the gym? Sure you don't want some wicking fabric? I love my Nike Women's T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the rule is no slogans art any time if you want to be cool. At the gym and in bed I like to be comfortable, my cool factor is very low once the seat starts pouring off of me :) And yes, I love me some cotton. Not for long run or in the dead of summer, but all other times of the year, cotton is king.

    ReplyDelete