Saturday, January 1, 2011

One Little Word

2011. I can't believe it. I remember ringing in 2000 and thinking I was so cool, a high school senior, and so old... almost 18. And now here we are eleven years later. Crazy!

I love Ali Edward's idea of selecting a word for the year and making that word your focus or drive. When she takes photos, creates albums, or writes her blogs; her word of the year is always in the background.

I had a great time taking daily photos in 2010 and looking back through the blog I can see we had a great year with tons of memories each captured for future reference. As 2011 rings in, I will still take my daily photos, but with a new focus. In 2011 things are changing around here and I think my focus will be shifting.

So without further adieu, my word of the year is NURTURE.


nur·ture

verb, -tured, -tur·ing,
1.
to feed and protect: to nurture one's offspring.
2.
to support and encourage, as during the period of training or development; foster:
3.
to bring up; train; educate.

This year I hope to learn how to take care of a little one, take care of a me and learn not put myself last, to nurture my career and my students, and finally to nurture my marriage for the changes that a new baby will bring.

What's your word for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. Great choice of a word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nurture is a great word for your 2011 theme. I'm leaning towards 'thoughtful' for my word to focus on. To think before saying,doing and even writing things, but also to be thoughtful and considerate of others and their feelings.

    ReplyDelete