Monday, January 24, 2011

What's for dinner?

This is a dreaded question in my house.

Most weeks I am prepared and have a weekly menu and grocery list set and ready to go by Sunday. But this weekend I was busy. Jeff came home! I went shopping. And we celebrated my grandparents 62nd anniversary over cake and ice cream. Menu Monday/Sunday just seemed to escape me.

Tonight Mr. R and I hit the gym for a quick 3 miles and stopped at Publix on the way home. And in the produce section inspiration struck. I am telling you, this is the best dinner I have made in a long time.

Introducing... CRAB CAKE SALAD!
1 bag of baby lettuce
1/2 of a cucumber cut into small chunks
1/2 container of grape tomatoes
1 avocado
1/2 - 2/3 cup of mango salsa
1/2 red onion diced
2 crab cakes
1/3 cup of monterey jack cheese

This dinner took literally 15 minutes to make. And Mr. R raved about the flavors. This salad will be making an appearance again VERY soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes inspiration strikes at the perfect time. I'm glad your salad as a success!

    ReplyDelete