Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baby Talk #5: Week 22

Mr. R wrote our Dear Baby letter this week. So I thought I would follow up with pregnancy highlights. I still don't feel very pregnant and the morning sickness has finally stopped so I am almost feel normal or at least what I remember as normal.
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 22 Weeks!

Size of baby: According to the book, she is the size of a naval orange.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained: I was up one pound, but then at my appointment last week I was down 2 pounds. So I think I am actually down one pound.

Maternity Clothes: I am still in my regular clothes but the baby bump is out is all it's glory. I actually looked into a pair of maternity pants because let's face it there will be a time when my jeans just refuse to button, but the way I am carrying maternity pants aren't an option right now.

Gender: GIRL! And we have a name! Piper Jayne Martin

Movement: I have belly flutters and what I think are little kicks. Also I am pretty sure she likes to dance on my bladder at 3 AM.

Sleep: I am sleeping fine, but my bedtime is still between 8:30 & 9:00. I didn't even make it to midnight this New Years Eve!

What I miss: I still miss coffee. I would love to have more than one cup a day.

Cravings: Salad, fruit, and cereal. I went to Publix for groceries earlier this week and came home with four bags of salad, a giant bowl of fruit, and two boxes of sugared cereal. Clearly the cravings have kicked in!

Symptoms: I don't think I have any yet. I posted about needing more air while running yesterday, but besides taking deeper breaths I can't think of anything. And best news yet! The constant burping has almost stopped!

Best Moment this week: The ultrasound! We are having a girl!!! Tutus and pink all the way!

Husband Quote: At the ultrasound Jeff was so excited to be Piper's dad. He has been amazing supportive these past 5 months and while he isn't always vocal about his thoughts and feelings, he left the ultrasound beaming and ready to pick out girl clothes.

4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I didn't wear maternity clothing until way late in my pregnancy. Caroline was born in January and I think I didn't put on maternity jeans until the end of October, and maybe even early November. It just totally depends on how you carry the baby.
    I'm glad the morning sickness is gone. That must be a huge relief, especially since you had to get up and go to work every morning.

    You're over halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the weight loss! I thought of you on my drive home from work today when I was soooo tired. (I was tired all day, actually.) I don't know how I'll ever work through pregnancy (someday) when I'm already tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon you will make it. Yes, I am always tired and now I can add crazy hormones to the mix. But I am still making it. I hear the third trimester is the worst so keep me in your prayers when I hit 30 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing amazing during your pregnancy! I have to admit that I didn't gain any weight at the beginning but at the end...swelled up with so much water weight! And my feet grew! I worked on the trading floor of a large bank at the time and the only shoes that would fit were black crocs...not very professional!! Of course my little one ended up weighing 10.5 lbs when born! Oh and take lots of naps and lay around alot while pregnant as you will miss those days at the beginning of having the little one...but don't worry one day you get to do them again!

    ReplyDelete