Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Being Married to Greg

I often compare my life with Mr. R to the TV show Dharma and Greg. Mr. R is super conservative, he reads the Wall Street Journal, he loves to save not spend. His idea of a great meal includes steak or various parts of a pig. He loves baseball, apple pie, and the 4th of July. He is never without a book. He laughs at pithy jokes and witty comments. His vocabulary is OUT OF THIS WORLD. He only shops at GAP and Banana Republic. He thinks thrifting is a dirty word. He has an appreciation for antiques, family traditions, and good wine. His ideal boy's night includes red meat, cigars, and policy process. He writes and reads papers about conflict in the Middle East, Korea, and Southwest Asia. On his nightstand you will find books about Reagan, Giuliani, and most recently travel guides to Europe. His suits take up more room in the closet than my dresses. His tie collection is enormous. And he is in need of a pair of cufflinks.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do feel I should mention that my red meat loving husband ate a mango, cucumber, tomato salad tonight and didn't complain once.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love watching Dharma and Greg. Yes, Mr. R does seem very Greg-like. I can see that you compliment each other very well. :)

    ReplyDelete