Monday, January 3, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho... It's back to work I go

Today I am back to work and I think 66 seventh graders were happy to see me. However, they were not very thrilled with the homework I assigned. Such is life.
I spent much of today answering emails, posting grades, munching on fruit, and writing lesson plans. I also need to write my midterm exam ... hopefully I will have some time tomorrow.
Post work I made it home in time to walk the pups, spend quality time with my husband, and make an awesome dinner.
I had plans to run three miles, but Mr. R is not feeling well and just wanted to veg. I am never one to turn down "laying like broccoli"...(name that movie!)... so I joined him for some couch time. Sometimes it's worth catching a few germs and missing a workout to reconnect.
Today I referred to myself as an old married lady. I learned the hard lesson this afternoon, that am no longer in the in-crowd. I can't afford to spend my salary on the coolest clothes or the nicest car or take vacations on a whim. My days of excess are over. No longer can I drink like a fish, eat like a pig, or stay up all night like I did back in my college days. And I don't think I would trade my current status for anything. I spent my college and post grad years single and in amazing cities, but I was lonely. My life wasn't complete. And all the clothes, food, shoes, purses, and friends couldn't fill the void that was waiting for Mr. R.
Soon I will be an old married lady with a baby and I think that might just be pretty awesome. That is if I can still spend a few nights a year veg-ing on the couch with Mr. R by my side.
***Photos of Mr. R from various weekends this fall and winter and yes, he does love pancakes THAT much.

5 comments:

  1. We can be old married ladies together. At least we don't have cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club! Grab your coupons, your sensibly priced clothing and your healthy foods and join the rest of us old married girls. I got married when I was 19 (!), so I've been an old married lady for pretty much all of my adulthood. I kind of wish I didn't skip over the crazy, partying young 20s days, but I suppose having all of my brain cells intact from the lack of drinking isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Women! I can't believe nobody else answered.

    Yes, aging is pretty awesome. It just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, 19! Wow! I can't imagine, but you must have been head over heels for Craig. He is one lucky guy. I now know who I can go to for marriage advice.

    Sharon, I know! I am glad someone got it. For a minute I thought I must have been the only one with the corrupted childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, you beat me!! Pretty Woman, classic. I am confident that I would have won if my Internet weren't out yesterday, doh! :) oh and this is Kristin. I only know how to comment anonymously, but I am not so anonymous as to not identify myself, haha

    ReplyDelete