Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweaty Tuesday

I did not want to run today. In fact I stayed at work an extra hour to put off going running. I had that overall tired feeling and the last thing I wanted to do was put on my Nikes and hit the gym with Mr. R. He has been pretty stellar on the running circuit lately and I didn't want to be shown up. Yes, I have pride issues.

I made it home by 5, Mr. R was ready and waiting... so were my Nikes and I headed out. And my run was awesome. I was strong. My legs felt light. And Nelly and Ke$ha carried me through three fast miles. Before I knew it my run was over and I was moving on to arm weights.

I guess I wanted to run after all.
I haven't really made any specific running goals because of my preggo status. But I talked with my Dr. and she thinks I am totally capable of running 3-4 days per week. So I think my current running goal is between 12 and 15 miles a week.

Not much has changed in my workouts or body since Piper came on board. I keep reading the books and waiting for the symptoms to kick in, but other than morning sickness I have been pretty lucky in the mom-to-be department. I did notice that I do have to take much deeper breaths now post run and when I try to increase my speed. I am not sure if that's a symptom or just an increase in heart rate, but that is the only difference I can speak of right now. Let's hope it stays that way and I don't get the scary increased facial hair or skin darkening! Yuck!

***Also, if you look closely at the bottom of my pic you can see my Piper bump. Yup, she's a low rider... which I guess is lucky for me, most people just think I am a little chubby and not 5 months along.

1 comment:

  1. Putting on your shoes and getting out the door is usually the hardest part. I'm proud of you for running even though you didn't want to.
    You'll reap the benefits of all this pregnancy exercise once Piper is born.

    ReplyDelete