Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear Baby: A Letter from Dad

Dear Baby,

Between the time I started thinking about what I was going to say, and actually writing it, your mom and I found out that you are a girl. Congratulations! You've hit the jackpot! You should have it pretty easy through infancy and toddler-hood as you are now the favorite of all grandparents and great-grandparents.

It will probably be a long time before you are aware that your dad doesn't know much about little girls - or women in general for that matter. In the meantime, I really can't wait to find out exactly who you are. Based on your sonogram performances, you are going to be a very obstinate child. This is no surprise: You will be born in May (a thick-headed Taurus like your Dad); and you will quickly learn that Mommy gets her way around the house a lot.

I never put much thought into having a girl, but I'm very excited. I can't wait for Daddy-Daughter Days, tea parties, father-daughter dances, scaring teenage boys away, and celebrating your every achievement.

Your Mom and I often recognize that we are very blessed people. We were blessed to find each other and get married. We are blessed to lead the lives that we do. But after five years of marriage, you will be the greatest blessing in our lives. Hurry up and get here little Piper, but don't grow up too fast.

Love,
Dad

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my eyes are watering...."sigh"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! Ya'll are going to love being parents!

    ReplyDelete