Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stay In Saturday: Week 2/52

One of my January goals was to have a real date with Mr. R. once a week. He is still feeling cruddy so we are staying in tonight.
I have two new recipes I wanted to try, a few TV shows I want to catch up on, and a dining room table that hadn't been used all week. On the menu, Jenna's Enchiladas and rice.

You start by sauteing a red onion and opening two cans of enchilada sauce.
Then add one pound of chicken, green chiles (from the can), 1.5 cans of enchilada sauce, and the onions to your crockpot.
Turn your crockpot to low and cook for 6 hours.
Then shred your chicken, (this is always Mr. R's job).
Place two spoonfuls of chicken in each tortilla.
Roll up your tortillas to make enchiladas, You will make about 6.
Next shred your cheese, you can do this by hand or in your food processor.
(I always choose food processor.)
Top your stuffed tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and 1.5 cups of cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350. (I also broil mine at the end for 5 minutes).
And a word of advice.... if you don't read/subscribe to EAT, LIVE, RUN you are missing out. Jenna may just beat out Pioneer Woman in my book.

1 comment:

  1. My two favorite blogs in all the land are Eat, Live, Run and LOVE MARRIAGE AND ALL THINGS REPULICAN (that's right, people, no B. it makes me laugh every time i'm at a new computer and have to type it into the url bar). Seriously, Hil, I rave about this blog. It makes me feel like sunshine and happiness all the time. Love you :) ~K

    ReplyDelete