Friday, January 7, 2011

Not the day I had planned.

Mr. R is still sick. I am trying to be an awesome and sympathetic wife, but to be honest his cold/flu symptoms are cramping my style. I had fun plans to attend the Art Walk tonight and stuff myself with Mexican food from Acapulco. However, Mr. R's body had plans to hack, sneeze, and be otherwise gross and odiferous.
So... I am making lemonade (figuratively) and making the most of my marriage mandated stay-in night (literally). Panera catered chicken noodle soup and salad. Redbox gave me two hours of high school hilarity, heartbreak, and sheer craziness in the form of Easy A. (Dear God, please do not let Mr. R and I be those parents).
And now I am in my jam-jams (name that TV show!) and will be fast asleep by 11 PM.

And because I love quotes and this once was my 17 year old dream too... I leave you with an amazing one from Olive Pendergast.
"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80s movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment