Sunday, January 2, 2011

A must try dinner!

I am an avid Psych watcher and one of the common threads that links Psych episodes/seasons together is 80s references, catch phrases, and Gus' love of Jerk Seasoning. Specifically jerk chicken and jerk pork.
I found a recipe for jerk pork nachos and I knew I had to give it a try! (After all 5 years of Burton Guster eating jerk pork couldn't be for nothing right?)

1. Make jerk pork tenderloin in your crockpot. I used this recipe and it smells amazing while cooking.

2. Assemble nacho ingredients: diced pineapple, pepper jack cheese, jalepenos, sour cream, lime juice, two tomatoes, refried beans.

3. Build your nachos: Refried beans, pork, pineapple, cheese, tomato, jalepeno

4. Mix your sour cream with lime juice and lime zest

5. Bake your nachos or 20 mins at 350 or broil them for 5-10 minutes

6. Don't feel bad when you go back for your third and fourth servings... they are THAT good.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, those look amazing. I love the pineapple/pepper jack part. There is just something about the fruity/sweet/spicy combo that gets me every time.
    Craig LOVES Psych! I don't watch it often, but when I do, I laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete