Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Dinner Weirdness



Tonight I made a weird dinner.
Mr. R. ate it and I admit it was pretty good, but the combo was odd.
I raided the fridge and found: leftover rotisserie chicken, baby spinach, peas, bacon and fontina cheese. I made a bechamel sauce with the fontina, some flour, and milk. But I ran short on flour so I added 1/2 a package of Knorr's pasta sauce mix. Then I sauteed the chicken, spinach, peas, and a small diced red onion. The bacon was grilled (via George Forman), chopped, and added to the mix. I also added rigatoni noodles (found in the WAY back of the pantry).
Perhaps we have forgotten the leftover/pantry raid combinations of our pre-Florida, very poor, early marriage days. Or maybe I am just getting picky about my food combos.
Oh, well some nights dinner is just a vehicle for calorie intake.
And calories are simply fuel to get through the day.

Or maybe, I just really wanted a hamburger from 5 guys tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment