Thursday, February 3, 2011

V-day #3: Buffalo chicken & a running date

Mr. R's most favorite sandwich comes from an Arlington, Virginia hole in the wall called Mario's. Mario's is an Arlington staple. It's a greasy spoon joint known for it's burgers, cheesesteaks, and pizza. Mr. R's burger is called the TNT Burger. It's 1/2 of artery clogging beef, topped with cheese, and soaked in buffalo sauce. He calls this the God sandwich. As in it's so good only God himself could have created it.
Yes, Mr. R is a bit dramatic at times.
And yes, I have eaten one. And I can honestly say it will destroy your stomach.

Tonight I wanted to recreate what Mr. R loves most about the TNT burger so I give you buffalo chicken cobb salad. The legendary wing sauce that makes Mario's a staple combined with Morningstar Farms faux chicken, lots of veggies, and baby greens. Topped with blue cheese of course!
We also had a running date tonight.
We ran three miles right after work and came home to warm laundry, hot showers, and good coffee. So glad it's Thursday! The weekend it RIGHT around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Pass the tums, please.

    I like your idea of the buffalo salad much more. I'm too old to be eating gut bombs like those burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my stomach couldn't handle that either, but the salad looks good. I like the idea of running dates. We don't run together because we're at such different paces...if only I get faster :)

    ReplyDelete