Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Totally Made my Tuesday

1. Meet my new best friend the ipod cart. I was anti i-touch in the classroom for a while, mostly because they are so small and hard to monitor. But my students LOVE them and I have had two majorly productive days. Yay ipods! (And the cute cart that holds them)
2. I ran three miles FAST today. Well, fast for me in my current state... Currently I am running 5 minutes (1/2 mile) and walking 2.5 minutes (1/4 mile) for 3 miles or 40 minutes. Today I did my three miles in 36 minutes. Not back for running and walking.
FYI, today is day 8 of the challenge. 20 more days to go.
(Also we are not throwing around gang signs here, we were trying to show you the #8. Next time we will try harder).

3. Mr. R. LOVED tonight's dinner.
Seriously, he kept saying how good it was and making "mmmm" sounds.
I used Stephanie's recipe for fajitas in the crock. (The picture above is hers.)
I cooked the meat in the crock while I was at school.
Mr. R. sauteed the peppers and onions when we got home from the gym.
I threw the meat in at the last minute to add some fajita seasoning to the veggies.
Cooked some black beans and Spanish rice.
(I promise there are black beans under all of that steam).
And made homemade mock-a-mole. (Just an avocado, 1/2 a lime, some salt, and one Roma tomato).

4. An answer to a selfish prayer. Recently my attitude at work and toward my co-workers has been a bit sucky. In fact... it's been A LOT sucky with major doses of sarcasm. So I started to pray for an attitude adjustment. And I think it's working! I was pleasant in the midst of adversity today.
And I didn't feel overwhelmed or stressed. AMEN!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the speedy running! I can only imagine that running while pregnant might not always be the most comfortable thing.

    I have trouble not having a sucky, sarcastic attitude, too. Hooray for answered prayers!

    Does your school provide the ipods? What do you use them for in class? Very intriguing... And, it's making me feel really old because when I was in school, our electronics were exremely limited...and archaic! I learned to type on a real typewriter and the computers were big dinosaur type desktops.

    Kids these days don't know how good they've got it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the ipods for a web quest. I needed to intro the rock cycle and found a cute website for them to visit and answer questions. They really seemed to like it.

    And I had to take typing as well. A little must have rubbed off on me because i type with three fingers instead of the two Mr. R. uses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 min/miles preggos sounds impressive to me!

    I am not jealous of your iPods. My good friend is piloting iPads (the only high school class in the entire county) and it looks like the biggest hassle and so much more planning. So far she's reporting they're kind of limited, since you can't save or print any student work. ...but I can see the student enjoyment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My mom is a writer and she is a 'hunt and peck' typer. She's fast with those two fingers, but I still find it really funny.

    ReplyDelete