Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seventh Graders Rock!

I had a great day today!
My students participated in the cookie mining lab and they rocked it.
They were attentive, they were excited, and THEY GOT IT!
They were able to evaluate the pros and cons of mining.
They saw the damage mining does to the Earth and yet they still saw the need for the ore and byproducts we get from mining.
I also got a candy gram from one of my 7th graders who said "Thanks for being awesome!".
I guess in the midst of all I do wrong and all I say wrong.
They are still learning. They are still trying.
And I think they are pretty awesome too!

1 comment:

  1. Cookies make learning fun!

    I'm glad your kids had a good time with this lesson. Teaching is a lot like parenting. I gather. Just when your kid is acting like a terror and you question all that you're doing wrong as a mom, your kid then goes and does something amazing, which makes you feel a whole lot better about your parenting skills.

    :)

    ReplyDelete