Sunday, February 27, 2011

$374.00

I am often made fun of for my LOVE of IKEA, my need to coupon, and my obsession with Costco. I put up with the teasing (its all good natured I promise) because these places save our family money. The products are quality without cutting corners like safety standards or natural ingredients AND I am able to try a new item or add something to my list without breaking the Republican bank.
That being said today Mr. R and I took a day trip to Orlando not to visit my favorite mouse, but instead my favorite blue and yellow warehouse store. IKEA! We had a gift card (thanks Danielle & Mom & Dad Republican), a few receipt credits, and a list of baby MUST HAVES!

We borrowed two trolleys and went into the warehouse on a mission.

We came home with:
Gulliver Crib
Hemnes three drawer dresser
Chandelier
Hemnes changing table attachment
Changing table pad
2 Ribba Frames
6 blue & pink frames
Hemnes twin bed (headboard and footboard)

AND THE TOTAL COST?
$374.00

And this is WHY I LOVE IKEA!
Sure I love Pottery Barn, West Elm, and I salivate over the gorgeousness of Serena and Lily.
But at the end of the day I just can't beat IKEA.
And with a little creativity, you can always make IKEA look just as gorgeous as the other guys.
Me & Piper at 29 weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a haul for not a lot of money!

    You look so cute in your pink top and cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! I feel like I am getting huge, but at least my cardigans and tank tops still fit :)

    ReplyDelete