Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2: Happy Groundhog Day!

My students have no idea who Punksatony Phil is! After announcing "Happy Groundhog Day!" to my homeroom, only to be greeted by blank stares... it became obvious the little brown rodent is not as popular as he used to be.
I am happy to announce that he DID NOT see his shadow and that spring is around the corner! Apparently Florida did not get the memo and instead of spring sunshine we got crazy humidity and rain.

Mr. R. and I celebrated Phil with a 2.5 mile run, small group, a 450 next meeting (for Mr. R.) and hot tea with chocolate chip cookies.
The best part of my day was the run, followed slightly by the cookies.

I am off to watch DVRed 30 rock, talk about our days, and actually get some sleep.

Oh, and I gave Mr. R. his most favorite V-day gift by far today.
Bloggers, meet Sonic's coney hot-dog in dip form.
I made the dip for a party at school, but saved a little for Mr. R. to have for dinner.
He said this dip is A-to the-MAZING!

I'll do a post on the party and the dip recipe later this week.
Toodles Poodles!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think he saw his shadow because he couldn't see anything in Snowmageddon. But I will say spring is definitely in the air and I am feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete