Thursday, February 3, 2011

26 weeks!

Please excuse my workout clothes. I am post run.

Dear Baby,

We have decided you are party animal. You mom is famous for pulling all nights to finish projects. And your dad well, he is famous for going to sleep and being miserable if anyone disturbs him. (He is not a morning person). Your mom hasn't pulled an all night since Toxicology class in grad school and even then, I think I slept for an hour or two. But this week Piper, you have been pulling all nighters and partying it up- womb style. (I think you take after me. )

You seem to sleep all day and then come ALIVE at 9:00 PM. From then on you kick and move until 3:30 or 4:00 AM. Your dad thinks it's all those jalepenos I keep eating. I doubt it. But, I will agree that the large quantities of jalepenos are probably the reason for my crazy spurts of heartburn. An old wives tale says that heartburn means the baby will have lots of hair. If that is true, you my dear, will come out with an afro.

I read in the baby book that you are able to open your eyes and see this week. I am not sure what you can see inside me, I imagine it's pretty dark. You are also able to turn your head from side to side, signaling no. The doctors keep telling me you are feisty little girl so I imagine you practicing your non-verbal communication for the word no a lot.

The doctor told me that your neurons are developing at a radical rate for the next few weeks so I have been very diligent about taking my DHA supplements in hopes you will be a genius. It's an added bonus that the supplements are making my hair and nails grow like crazy.

Your dad says he can feel you so much more now. On Sunday morning he was touching my belly and you kicked his hand. He also talks to you all the time! If you start hearing about presidents, tax cuts, and spreadsheets you will know it's your dad. He also says he loves you. I don't think he has even been so excited about someone in his whole life!

We are so excited to meet you Pippa!

3 comments:

  1. How cute are you! That is so amazing that you are still running 3 miles pregnant! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing to be running during your pregnancy. Perhaps the evening time running is what wakes Pippa up and causes her to party all night long. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I'll pray she figures out that nights are for sleeping once she arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your letters! I know someday she will love to read them too.

    ReplyDelete