Saturday, February 26, 2011

Piper's (Really Cool) Safari

Tonight I am feeling pretty full of myself.
I just did the last touch ups in Piper's room.
I sealed the paint cans.
I washed the brushes.
And I bid adieu to my paint stained yoga pants and t-shirt.
The painting chapter of Piper's nursery is officially complete.

I would like you to meet the animals that make up Piper's Safari.
I have been painting them on and off for the last 10 days and as a result I named them.

Georgina the Giraffe
Lenora the Lioness
Monette the Monkey
Henrietta the Hippo
Ellie the Elephant

Yes, I do realize that last confession does make me sound like a crazy woman.
But hello! I am pregnant.

I got a couple of questions about the stenciling process so I tried to document what stenciling looks like at Casa Republican.

My painting station: sponges, acrylic paint, touch up paint colors, masking tape, and tiny brushes to fix my mistakes.
I tape the stencil to the wall with masking tape.
And then I tape up any parts of the stencil that I don't want to paint.
I move the stencil around to match the curves of the animal.
And another look at the final product!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think Henrietta Hippo and Lenora the Lioness are my favorites, not that they aren't all beautiful.

    I'm totally impressed with your skilz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The hippo is my favorite too. Although I have a soft spot for the monkey simply because it was the easiest to do.

    Danielle, the rest of our house has been placed on the back burner because of the nursery progress. When I find my dining room table again you are so invited over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is so cute! Piper is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete