Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7 of the challenge & dinner.

Today is Day 7 of the 28 day challenge. We are 1/4 of the way to completion! I have to admit I was not excited about exercising today. It's been raining for almost 24 hours and I was exhausted when I left school. But Mr. R rallied and we headed to the gym for ab work ( for Mr. R) and the arc trainer (me). The Arc trainer kicked my arse!

Dinner tonight was sheer luck and pure genius.
It started with a box of these.
(Along with 1/2 a bag of spinach, three plum tomatoes, 1/4 cup of peas, 1/2 a yellow onion, and 2 tablespoons of butter).

I threw everybody in the big orange pot over medium/high heat.
(And I waited 10 minutes)

With occasional stirring the veggies sauteed, the spinach wilted, and the perogies cooked.
I topped our veggie and perogie bowls with bacon crumbles and shredded cheddar cheese.
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. That Arc training is no joke. Good for you going to the gym even when you didn't feel like it. Hooray for having a workout buddy to give you that shove when you need it.

    I love pierogies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a quick and easy good-looking meal.

    I like how you said 1/4 way through the challenge already. That does make it sound like it's going fast. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete