Thursday, February 3, 2011

My school hosted a Superbowl Party.

We may not know who won the big game yet, but I did eat my fair share of party food and chat about football or at least pretend to know about football.

Each person on our teaching team was asked to bring a tailgate themed dish. I was stumped for inspiration as Mr. R and I aren't really tailgaters. But I turned to the brilliance of the blog-o-sphere and found a Sonic inspired dish on Mimi's Meals.
For those of you who are smart enough to avoid Sonic, you may have never tasted the fatty amazingness of chili tots or a Coney dog. You my friends are the lucky ones.
I however fell prey to Sonic my first month of graduate school. My friend Tiff and I found a Sonic in Metairie, LA and I promptly fell hard for cherry limeade and cheesy tots.

Mr. R swears by the CONEY DOG.

Mimi took the Sonic Coney hotdog and turned it into a dip that can be made in the crockpot.
I followed her recipe, but subbed the cheddar cheese sauce for Velveeta and sliced the hotdogs into bite sized pieces. I also added some diced red onion.
I served mine with Doritos.
And if you save any leftovers for your Sonic loving husband he will love you FOREVER!

3 comments:

  1. I've never eaten an Sonic. Even when we lived in Augusta, GA and had one down the street, I never ate there.
    I do love tater tots.

    And cherry limeade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good choice. I am not sure anyone SHOULD eat at Sonic. But it does suck me in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never eaten there! Don't think I'll ever start. (although a cherry limeade does sound good)

    ReplyDelete