Saturday, February 5, 2011

Steppin' Out Saturday: Gala Style

Mr. R asked if I was up for a chocolate date.
A date centered around eating chocolate? Umm... YES!
And then he said I needed to dress up because it was called a chocolate GALA! Put the words chocolate and gala together, and you my friend have a winning combo that NO GIRL will ever turn down.
I got dolled up in my favorite polka dot tank and cardi combo and Mr. R donned a tie.

I also included the pre-chocolate belly shot at 26 weeks. I was convinced that the stretch panel in my maternity pants would result in excess chocolate eating and a much larger 27 week belly. So this picture is for comparison sake.
The spoils of the evening include cupcakes, fudge, chocolate covered strawberries, cannoli, and truffles.
Click the smilebox below for more pictures and details.
This event was a sugar lovers dream and must do for next year.

Click to play this Smilebox greeting
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Ecard created with Smilebox

4 comments:

  1. You two look very dashing in your gala attire. Even I, the girl who never dresses up, would feel inclined to fancy up for a chocolate gala.
    What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is an event I could get behind and dress up for!

    With my first we went to the Ghiradelli Chocolate Festival in San Fran. I thought I would eat all the chocolate in sight. I was 4 months pregnant...I could hardly make it through. Made me sad!

    ReplyDelete