Monday, February 21, 2011

Piper's Room (A quick preview)

We have been hard at work painting, priming, silhouette tracing, repainting, and finally stenciling.

Yesterday I showed you my nursery inspiration.
The brilliant Rene told me about an HGTV nursery makeover that included wallpaper safari animals.

I went looking for the show and came across the Holland based company Inke. They will sell you these adorable wallpaper animals for $250 a piece.
A bit out of our price range.

So then I moved onto DIY inspiration. With the help of Ohdeedoh, I found Ozzy's bright Safari.
His talented Mom painted all of these animals at 38 weeks pregnant!
(I cannot even imagine.)

Mr. R and I decided to roll up our DIY sleeves and give Inke a run for their money.

It started with transparency sheets and an overhead projector.
I traced the images onto Piper's walls with a sharpie.
(Oh, how I love drawing on walls!)

Mr. R painted the silhouettes with white primer.
I spent my afternoon finding the perfect shades of pink :)
Each animal was then repainted in shades of sweet taffy, candy coated, and fading rose.
(Do you think that they pay someone to come up with those names? If so, can I be that someone?)
Next we stenciled.
And here is a preview of all of our hard work.
More to come later this week!

And here is my belly in it's 28 week glory!
Up 8 pounds total and no pants fit me AT ALL.
It's maternity stretch all the way.

7 comments:

  1. You look awesome! And the room is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing inside your lives - always were creative - this is tops! I love too how I show up in your live stream as from Simferopol Krym. That's new and interesting to show I'm from Krym which is Crimea in Russian and not from Ukraine. Wow!
    Too much fun!!!!
    love all you of yous
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats pretty brilliant! I LOVE it!!!! I'm sure Piper would be staring at them for quite some time toooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm really impressed with your creativity. The stenciling is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sooooo creative!!! I love it!!! i can't wait to see the finished product and meet the occupant:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I have to ask, what's an overhead projector? ;)

    Amazing work! I cannot fathom the time it took to do all the fine detail. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete