Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Mr. R!

I know V-day is 13 days away, but at Casa Republican I like to spread out the love. I think one day goes by too fast to really enjoy all the effort you put into the holiday. If you stick around long enough you will find out that I like to stretch my holidays into weeks or if possible the whole month.

I am shooting for 14 days of lovin' around here.

In celebration on Valentine's day numero uno I bought Mr. R a little memory of Britannia.
When we were in London this summer there are billboards everywhere advertising MILKYBAR. A white chocolate candy bar made by Nestle only available in Europe. We kept meaning to try one while we were over there, but forget or fell pray to other temptations.
I was walking through Publix the other day and found they carry a British food section complete with MILKYBAR! And I snagged one for Mr. R.

His verdict: It smells like cheese, but tastes pretty good.
Not bad Britain. Not bad at all.

3 comments:

  1. I love to stretch out the holidays too! Norah gets so excited about each holiday and all the little things...like right now...I got her a heart shaped plate at Target, etc. She loves that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smells like cheese? Mmmm.
    I think it's great that you take the extra time to make Mr. R feel special for more than just one day. Mr. R is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take your approach to holidays. I do the opposite and they end up coming and going with barely a second thought.

    ReplyDelete