Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I made waffles (on Sunday).

From scratch.
And we ALL loved them.
Yes, I am including the pups in the ALL statement. (They love waffle scraps).
We have a well loved (and seriously old) waffle maker. But he is still going strong and rocking brunch on Sundays.
Mr. R was also pleased to see bacon is back in our fridge. (I may have actually bought 4 pounds of it at Costco! Thank goodness it freezes well).
I love waffles, but much prefer them for dinner rather than breakfast.
Stay tuned for more waffles recipes later this month.

Chocolate waffles with strawberries

4 comments:

  1. Norah is on a "special" waffle kick. I make a batch of waffles and then in the morning...she likes it toasted with peanut butter and chocolate chips on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Norah! That girl has good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I love waffles, but when it comes to big, rich breakfasty items, I'm with you and prefer them for dinner.

    Cinnamon bacon waffles?! Uh, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've had a homemade waffle since I lived with my parents. Waffle iron may be one of those wedding registry type items (if we ever do a registry??)

    ReplyDelete