Monday, February 14, 2011

We go together like Bill Cosby and Pudding pops.

So I lied...

This morning when I wrote my V-day post I had every intention to spend my day teaching, running, cooking dinner, and then enjoy a very mellow evening home.

And then I called Mr. R. on my drive home from school.

He said he had a date planned.

1. A walk (with the dogs) to get in our much needed two miles.
2. A movie:
The new Adam Sandler flick

3. Dinner: A gyro from Papa's Grille.
(Hands down the best gyro place ever, this side of Santorini).

*** On the way home from the movie Mr. R and I were discussing Adam Sandler's movies and it turns out we have seen all of his movies together. He was the reason I first watched Billy Madison. (I wanted to be in on his inside jokes) and he took me to see Mr. Deeds, 50 First Dates, 8 Crazy Nights, and Spanglish. We rented DVDs for Click, Bedtime Stories, Chuck & Larry, Big Daddy, and Anger Management.

It turns out that on our 1st date I mentioned that I loved Adam Sandler. (I may or may not have had the whole talking goat bit memorized. And could quote it by heart.) Mr. R. took my proclaim to heart and decided that I would never turn him down for a date if he suggested watching an Adam Sandler movie. (I told you he was a slick one). And it totally worked.

Happy 7th Valentine's Day Together Babe!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome impromptu Valentine's date. I'm glad you had such a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete