Saturday, June 19, 2010

We're not building a rocket ship here. We're cooking, plain and simple. -Emeril Lagasse

Every once in a while hunger inspires me to be creative and try something new with dinner. Recently I have been craving all things spicy and I stumbled across habanero chicken sausage at Costco. To be honest I wasn't sure what to do with it.

I went out on a limb and sauteed it with peppers and onions. Topped it with tomato and served it over cheese grits.
The entire dinner was incredibly simple, very colorful, and almost low fat (minus the cheese grits).

Ingredients:
3 habanero chicken sausages (I used Aidell's brand)
1 medium red onion (diced)
1 green bell pepper diced
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 plum tomatoes
2 cups of cheese grits

Directions:
Saute bell pepper and onion in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove veggies from heat and place in a separate bowl.
Slice sausage and sauté in pan (no live oil needed).
Prepare cheese grits according to package.
Serve sausage and veggies over cheese grits.
Top with diced tomatoes.

1 comment: