Thursday, June 17, 2010

6/17: Taco Thursday

I think Taco Tuesday has a better ring to it, but it's Thursday and we just ate half a pan of walking tacos, so Taco Thursday it is.
I was in the mood for Mexican tonight, really I just wanted to eat avocados and lots of pico de gallo. And I had some organic ground beef in the freezer. Walking tacos is basically your typical 7 layer dip, minus a few layers.

To make: layer the following ingredients in a 9x13 pan.
(I prefer glass so you can see the pretty layers, but mine was otherwise occupied with remnants of Sunday brunch).

1. Fat free refried beans
2. Diced jalapenos (I use the pickled ones in the jar. They are less spicy).
3. Cooked ground beef seasoned with the taco packet.
4. Cheese (I am on a reduced fat cheese kick)
5. Diced avocado (I used two. Also sprinkle your avocado with salt and pepper)
6. 3 diced plum tomatoes
7. 1 can of sliced black olives
8. 1/3 of a red onion (diced)
(Serve with chips or on a bed of spring mix)

Ok, so there are actually 8 layers. But it comes together super fast. Mr. R actually browned and seasoned the beef so I was only responsible for the veggies and assembly. Dinner was done in 15 minutes.
And yes, here is the proof! We ate half the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment