Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/12: Bikes, Brunch, Brushes (& Paint)....and a date night with Mr. R.

To begin, this morning I hit the trails with Mr. R and a few of my favorite people. I will be biking as a part of my Marine Science rotation and need to learn the ropes before I start work on Monday! We tried to be adventurous and hit the sand trails, but I think for the first few days I will be sticking to the safer and easier blue and green trails.

An hour later we dropped Mr. R home and headed to Kristin's for brunch. Danielle introduced me to scones and I LOVE them. So this means that they will never be welcome in my house due to my lack of self -control for all things butter and carbs. Kristin also made an amazing egg casserole.

Next up home depot. I am a bit obsessed with the Martha Stewart paint color line in fact I stole my own hand-picked fan deck. Kristin & Ash Came home with awesome paint choices and I must admit I am more confused about what I want than ever. Mr. R's office has so many mood boards its insane!

Finally, Mr. R and I have a date night tonight. We will be watching these guys and will hopefully be laughing historically. (Just like I did during Sarah Marshall). I am also excited to have a reason to dress up, do my hair, and wear make-up.

I also have this for dessert. I have been waiting to try it for a while, but haven't had a reason. I decided to stop waiting for the special night and just embrace tonight in my house with my husband as being special enough.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Don't ever save a bottle of wine too long...didn't you see Sideways? That's the only thing I got out of that movie, and you can't pay me to watch it again...well, name your price...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I was one of the lucky few who missed out on Sideways!

    ReplyDelete