Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Summer Wishlist:


As a teacher I seem to impatiently demand summer right after spring break. My students start to get a little squirrely (or frisky) as my principal might say. And I too get a case of spring fever in early May. Two weeks into May, my countdown to summer begins. And I find myself wishing more and more that the last day of school will finally come.

And then all of a sudden it does! And my summer vacation begins! Mr. R and I were talking about making the most of our time. And I find that I sometimes squander my summer. I wait so long for it to come and then all of a sudden my vacation is gone and I am not quite sure what I have done with my glorious days off.

To make the most of my summer vacation, I am making my summer wish-list. A few things that I want to make sure I accomplish for the sheer fun of it.
  • Eat Rita's water ice and walk along the beach
  • Go to free music night at the pier
  • Go dancing
  • Host a grill only dinner party
  • Take a vacation with Mr. R (sans cell-phones)
  • See Mr. R's grandparents
  • Visit Mom and NJ family
  • Play mini golf
  • Eat lobster
  • Play with sparklers
  • Jump on a trampoline (but I will settle for a bounce house)
  • Eat an ice-cream cone
  • Pack a picnic with friends to hear music downtown
  • See the fireworks at Disney
  • Take a roadtrip
  • Get a pedicure
  • Go to a drive-in movie
  • Run on the beach
  • Go vegan for a day
  • Go to a luau
What's on you summer wish list?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I think I may need to do one too - although if you'd love company on any of these you know where I will be :)

    P.S.
    I LOVE the movie "Endless Summer"! I watched it multiple times in HS while dating the guy who introduced me to Pink Floyd and other such types of amazing music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you offered, I have you down for a run on the beach, a picnic downtown, and dancing. Let me know when you are free!

    ReplyDelete