Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6/9: School's Out For Summer!

Today was the last day for students! As the busses pulled away I waved goodbye to my rising 8th graders and breathed a slow sigh of relief that I now have 10 weeks of freedom from grading, planning, reading, and answering emails.
I am not quite done with school just yet. I still need to finish cleaning my classroom and packing boxes. I may be changing rooms next year. I also need to organize my piles of papers so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel come September.

Lastly, I hit the pool tonight, but not for my usual tanning and reading. Instead I held my first swim practice. I swam 250 meters of free style. I know that doesn't sound like much and in fact 4 years ago I would have laughed at my piddly distance. But it's a start!
And as you can see, I had some serious game face going on!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo - serious game face :)

    I too am moving classrooms next year. I'm not very happy about it, but I'm trying to approach the change with the positives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when you are told to do something without much choice, that is the best attitude to have. Will you still teach the same grade level?

    ReplyDelete