Saturday, September 11, 2010

Who glued these quarters to the floor?!?!?

Friday Recap:

Let me just begin by saying I have been waiting for FRIDAY all week!

I spent my work day in meetings and was granted freedom @ 2:30.

Danielle decided an impromptu girl's night was needed and with the help of 26 text messages and 2 phone calls, four of us were planning to attend.
I was bringing dinner (the fixings for chicken nachos) and Ashley would supply dessert (chocolate chip cookies). We also broke out a bottle of sparkling cider because it's Friday and we need to celebrate.
The theme to tonight was REX MANNING! So as you have probably guessed we watched Empire Records, sang along to the soundtrack, and laughed and laughed at how young Liv Tyler, Rene Zellweger, and Anthony LaPaglia looked.
It's crazy to think I was 12 when that movie came out. I used to think Ethan Embrey was so cute... anyone remember Can't Hardly Wait?

In case you want to make Mexican Chicken in the crock...
  1. Pull out your 4 quart slow-cooker and dust it off. My friend Kristin says the only time she uses hers is when she is dusting it. Ha!
  2. Place two chicken breasts in the bottom
  3. Pour 1 can of black beans over the chicken breasts.
  4. Followed by 2 cups of frozen corn
  5. Lastly, pour an entire jar of salsa over the entire mixture.
  6. Put the lid back on
Turn your cooker on low and leave it along for 6-8 hours. Today mine cooked for 8 hours.

When I came home it looked like this!

1 comment:

  1. Those chips look delish! Can't say I even remember the storyline of Empire Records...

    ReplyDelete