Thursday, September 30, 2010

The crockpot is the 8th wonder of the world...

White Chicken Chili = Thursday night dinner made easy. This recipe comes from Rachael Ray, are you surprised? But I changed a few things to suit my 6am prep/rush around the house/and get out the door in 45 minutes schedule.

Today's recipe:
2 raw chicken breasts (mine were thawed this morning, but I usually use frozen)
2 cans of white beans (rinsed)
2 Tablespoons of white chicken chili seasoning (I used McCormick brand)
1 cup of salsa verde
3 cups of chicken broth
Turn the crock to low and leave your house for 7 hours (or 9 hours if you had two meetings afters school like I did).
A half an hour before you are ready to eat stir in 4 -8oz of pepper jack cheese (depending how much cheesy goodness and fat you can tolerate) and 1 cup of crushed tortilla chips. Not the healthiest or prettiest dinner I have ever made, but I could have licked the crockpot clean! I easily see myself making this again for football parties or even the Superbowl. Mr. R dubbed this acceptable man food.
Believe it or not we are down to our last packet of chicken breasts! We buy them in bulk at Costco in packs of 10 and we have eaten 18 in the month of September...craziness! It does make me feel fantastic that we have been successfully cooking 5-6 nights per week for over 9 months now. I think I might deserve a medal or at least my crockpot should get one...

FYI: the Rachael Ray paper doll is part of a new set of cards by Hallmark. Is it bad that I want to buy myself one?

No comments:

Post a Comment