Saturday, September 4, 2010

Talk is cheap...

and Mr. R and I have been doing A LOT of talking. We have been making lists and making plans, but not following through. Sure we are busy, we have commitments and obligations, but we need to follow through. And we need to make sure we are taking time to make memories as well as finish our todo lists. This was a very long winded way of saying... the Republicans are going to be do-ers not talkers and hopefully this blog will be a lot more exciting soon.

On to Saturday:

1. Yard sales! My favorite thing about Labor Day weekend is the endless amount of yard sales and my last chance to wear as much white as possible. At today's yard sale we found this beauty! I can see it painted sunshine yellow with scrapbook paper attached to the walls and either books or Ken & Barbie taking up residence. Or... if we are not blessed with a little girl, it can hold my scrapbook supplies. Either way a win.

2. Farmer's Market @ the Amphitheater. I love this farmer's market. Great coffee, fresh organic eggs and produce, the amazing bread ladies and there cinnamon rolls. Also Simon and Sophie love all the people! They love all the pets and hugs from the children and older ladies. And Simon is a total ladies man.

3. Smoothies! Have you tried the new ones from McDonalds? I know to some of you the golden arches are the equivalent of a dirty word... but I am in love with the mixed berry smoothie. And Jeff loves the strawberry banana one.

4. Stencils! And the final wall is getting painted!

5. More painting! I am the edger and Mr. R rolls it on thick... just like a politician.

6. Pizza, wine, really good salad and an old movie. (The 1960's version of the heartbreak kid...much better than the 2005 remake).

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Wait...what beauty? Am I missing something? I'm looking for a photo of something? What did you get at the yard sale.

    I am excited for Farmer's Market season....ours aren't up and running yet - just another month.

    I am not a Golden Arches patronizer, but I'm curious if you've checked out the ingredients list?

    Hmmm, Pizza! Was is homemade?

    ReplyDelete